One of Stella’s brothers was hospitalized last night and is in ICU today. The condition is not new to him, but it is very serious, and he is not out of the woods yet.
The brother is far from home, on a job… he manages materials for the construction of stadiums, and happens to be in the Houston area on his current job. He is in a respectable hospital (though regrettably not a nearby one) and he has insurance, so matters could be worse.
As always in such circumstances, Stella is keeping her cool and serving as the family communication center during the crisis. She’s had a lot of practice… in the past five years she has lost her sister and her father; we can only hope and pray that her brother… who is younger than we are… pulls through.
Your positive thoughts… prayers, if that’s your style… are appreciated.
UPDATE: Surgery this late afternoon or evening. Stella just headed out to join her brother and wait through surgery. (Hospital is about 10 mi. away.) I’m staying here to mind the kitties, since they certainly won’t mind me.